Nov 8, 2010

10 things #7: Done and (half) Done!

I finished up the Yarn Over Cable socks by Charlene Schurch from Sensational Knitted Socks. I started a project with this pattern back in February, but during a house move, I managed somehow to lose it. I held out hope that it would turn up for quite a while, so moved onto project #8. By about October, I made peace with the fact that it was never coming back, so cast on again, this time with some very soft 100purewool I picked up in a coop many moons ago. I really like the description for short rows in this book, and having made 1.5 socks with the yarn over cable stitch, the rest of the pattern was second nature to me. The pattern definitely works better with solid yarn rather than the heavily variegated yarn I chose to use, but they are so comfy I don't really care!




That's Eight!

No comments:

10 Things in 1000 days

I decided to rationalize my impulse purchasing of knitting books by setting myself a personal challenge.
Here's how long I have left:

Is There Anybody Out There?

Total Pageviews