Jul 1, 2008

Day 26: Wireless Cardless

I don't take great care of my laptop. It has probably depreciated to nothing by now, the space bar rarely works and you can buy a flash drive to dangle from your key-chain with a larger capacity for about $50. That said, it was a little careless of me to have left it teetering on an armrest in the same room as my cat. I was in the kitchen washing dishes when I heard a crash. I went into the living room to see my laptop on the floor and Buttons looking a little guilty.
Only that I use my laptop to write my thesis, was I happy that my laptop's fall was broken by what is ironically the most valuable part of it: the wireless card. Ever since it has been very sporadic about connecting to the internet and cuts off at inopportune times. I was chatting to Carly on Facebook earlier today when it cut me off. Even standing directly below one of the building's new wireless transmitters didn't help.
I exhaled in its general vicinity this evening, which caused part of it to fall off. When I saw the damage that had actually been done to it, I was impressed that it was getting online at all. I'll get a new one whenever I get the chance, but hopefully this picture will excuse my failing to get this day's entry in before midnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you swap out the Netgear wireless card we got for my old laptop?

10 Things in 1000 days

I decided to rationalize my impulse purchasing of knitting books by setting myself a personal challenge.
Here's how long I have left:

Is There Anybody Out There?

Total Pageviews