Nov 10, 2009

A Day in September: Home Delivery!

Wow, this one has been sitting in Drafts for a while! We invited our friends -my colleague and his wife -over for dinner back in September. They will probably go down as the best guests we have ever had, on account of their arriving with a big bag of yarn for me. My colleague's mother gave his wife all her left-over yarn, and she passed on they yarns she didn't want. Luckily, she doesn't really care to knit baby stuff, so I inherited a large amount of baby-appropriate yarn. More excitingly, a lot of the yarns seem to be from the 80's, and are completely unavailable now.


The pièce de résistance is this blanket. There are three and a half skeins of the yarn it is being made with remaining. My colleague's wife suggested that I simply frog it and use the yarn for my own project, but I was able to figure out the pattern. I thought it would be fun to finish it out, and to honour the person who indirectly plumped up my yarn stash.


2 comments:

Faith said...

Way to figure out the blanket pattern -- looks gorgeous!

Moonlit Goddess said...

I think that's the feather and fan stitch pattern. I made a UFO using that pattern when I first started to knit. Come to think of it, I'm sure it is still stilling in a bin waiting to be finished. Eek.

10 Things in 1000 days

I decided to rationalize my impulse purchasing of knitting books by setting myself a personal challenge.
Here's how long I have left:

Is There Anybody Out There?

Total Pageviews